The Library has a collection of over 48,000 books and 97 newspapers and magazine titles.
Patrons of the library are able to download audiobooks to their devices. Step by step directions are listed below.
1. Open the Libby app
2. Click on the image of the Libby girl in the upper right-hand corner
3. Select "Add a Library"
4. Search for SAILS Library Network
5. It should say at the top of the screen, "You are at: SAILS Library Network”
6. Click the image of the Libby girl again and go to "See Library Cards"
7. Select "Add a Card"
8. From “Choose A Location” select “MassCat Library Patrons”
9. Follow the prompts to type in your library card number and PIN
If the library does not have the item you are looking for, it can be ordered for a temporary loan from another library.
Area residents can get a library card. You do not need to be a resident of Rutland. When setting up a library account, bring in address verification.
Length of Loan:
Books: Two Weeks - Multiple renewals permitted
DVDs: One Week - One week renewal permitted
Periodicals: Two Weeks - Multiple renewals permitted
Museum Passes: Dependent on Pass. Generally passes are checked out the day before, and returned the day after.
The Rutland Library does not charge overdue fees for late books or periodicals. However, in lieu of fines, we are always collecting for the Food Pantry. Please bring in food donations whenever we are open.
DVDs: $1 per day
Lost Item: Speak to a staff member